Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mother's Day @ Lala Chong

SAT 3 MAY 08 - Celebrated Mother's day @ La La Chong at Terminal 3 Subang… (I know, I know… you’d all say “Celebrate what mother’s day? Have you been a good mother?” Ok, I admit that I haven’t been one…so today’s celebration is not for me… It’s for my mom!!! She’s been a good mom alright, just look at me and you’d know AHAHAHHAHAHA…. )

Incidentally Mother's day isnt until next week, so don't panic, lightning wont strike you because you have forgotten nor have you missed the celebration. We just wanted to beat the crowd and celebrate a little earlier... (also partly due to gluttony ahhaha)

We ordered the infamous signature dish - “Snow Mountain Fly Lake Fish” but was quite disappointed because I expected it to be as exquisite as it’s name… but it was just a grilled salted “kam foong” fish…And it wasn’t salty nor does it have any gravy nor does the stuffings have any effect on the taste…. But I guess it’s healthy, since it’s grilled using sea salt… It seems that every other table also ordered this fish dish.. so we thought it was good... Hmmm... so much for mass influence...

We ordered Siong Tong Lala (lala in soup) where the soup was delicious with a tinge of Chinese cooking alcohol, but the lala was a tat too small for our liking. If they were bigger, it would be better but then again, since it tasted fresh, we happily gulped down every tiny bits of it.

We didn’t order any crabs coz everyone in the family thought it’ll be messy to eat crabs .... (even prawns also ordered de-shelled ones)… so can't comment on that… But the butter fried prawns was ok. My sister told me the previous time they ordered butter prawns with gravy which tasted even better.

There’s a “jiew pai” tofu (signature tofu dish), cannot remember it’s name… which was quite special. Starchy and looks like sharks fin soup and tasted alright. The children loved it for it goes well with rice. Soft and gentle that matches their little tastebuds. The children also loved the soft crunchy young long beans with dried prawns, even though I find the beans a bit too “thin”. Taste wise was alright, not too salty and the beans were crunchy and soft.

I liked the claypot chicken .. which was soft and tender to the mouth and the pungent black sauce was great to tease the tougue.

We can't resist the food, that we forgot to take pictures BEFORE we ate! :P

Total came up to RM176 for 7 adults and 2 children. Quite cheap I suppose for the portion and the non-air conditioned restaurant. The place was already filled with people up to brim at 7pm. Forgot to consult God of Food a.k.a. LV on what to order... thus end up with ordering mediocre family type food. All in all was good, and from their menu, they seem to have loads of other choices, so definitely will go there again sometime.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there... You deserve it.. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don’t find lala chong any good nowadays, pricy and the food is normal. Can find similar quality/price around town.

The fish that you order is called ‘snowy mountain flying fox’, some ppl like but some don’t, this is one of their signature dish but I have found that the King Crab restaurant at kelana jaya are better.

Lala soup.. I found it was a reap off, small lala with ordinary soup and was expensive. I will never order this dish there although it claims to be a must have dishes there..

The tofu you mentioned is called ‘tofu kang’ – taufu soup, those that can’t afford shark fin then can order this one, this is my favorite too.

You can try the duck king restaurant at the new JayaOne, but the price will be bit steep..