Saturday, January 24, 2009

Miss Clumsy

Cant believe that the CNY predictions are so accurate... This Miss Clumsy slipped and fell flat on her bum yesterday. And now I can't sit for long. I can't enjoy my favourite passtime of web-surfing without risk feeling that sharp, piercing painful pull on the tip of my backbone after sittng for 10 minutes. This is torture. Going up the stairs makes me feel like an old lady. When I got in and out of the car, my slow-motion back breaking expression makes little b exclaim, "You're getting old, mom..."

Ohhh... this is frustrating. I hate the feeling of being helpless. It's so depressing. It makes me vulnerable. It makes me crave for attention.... makes me yearn for loads of pampering and TLC... makes me wanna cry for help....

But I can't or I won't because I was brought up with the notion "to help ourselves first before seeking help". Seeking help should be the last resort....

And these 2 conflicting internal emotions are taking a toil on me. The normally patient and composed me has turned into a short-fused unreasonable monster, short of being foul-mouth.

However, I still don't feel sorry for the nurse who made me wait 20 minutes for my painkillers which I probably wouldn't consume. And she has the cheek to tell me that she was on the phone. There were 3 staff and all 3 were chatting away and I patiently waited at the empty clinic (I was the last of a series of patients and the wait for the consultation itself took me around 30 minutes). I was kept busy with Bryan's funny school stories for the first 20 minutes until I realised 2 other walk-in customers taking their medication before me and I went into RAGING MAD MODE. I stood up and ask the other 2 nurses, who wasn't on the phone, to pass me my medication as I have been waiting for almost an hour. They just stared blankly at me. The woman finally put down the phone and started to look irritated by saying, "Mana ada 1 hour. Just now I couldn't serve you because on the line..."

I told her to shut up, stop wasting time and to prepare the medication and swipe my card. I also started scolding them about their incompetence. And they didn't have the courtesy of saying sorry. Really stupid. I was sooo freaking angry, that when I left, I criticised the stupid fat woman (don't even think she's a qualified nurse), "Don't even know how to say sorry! No manners!"

And then I left the clinic in a huff, only to realised I had forgotten my receipt. I went back, still in raging mad mode, demanding for the receipt. Initially, they said they couldn't print it again since I didnt request for one earlier. Then they tried to press one of the buttons on the credit card swipe machine, and the receipt was printed out. I was still so boiling furious that I scolded her, "Bodoh!" as I took the receipt and left again ... for good.

I know, I know, I have been unreasonable for scolding them, but given my situation, I bet you all would have reacted the same way (if not worse!)... And to top off all of those internal topsy turvy mixed up feelings, I have to suffer from PMS too. Arghhhh...

Maybe I went to the doctor for wrong ailment, thus getting the wrong presciptions. Maybe I should've just gone to a spa and have a good looking masseur pamper me instead of getting all tensed up with those incompetent nurses!

Any prescriptions for internal emotional turmoil, anyone?

Pictures source: www.123rf.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a good samaritan, please tell us the name and location of the clinic so that we can all avoid going to this clinic. In addition, please file a complaint to the relevant party to make sure the doctor does not survive in this dog eat dog world. Make sure he has no more customer frequent his lousy clinic.

Anonymous said...

Not the doctor's fault what.. it was the nurse's fault. yes, some people need to get scolding.

like my sis who went to the govt hospital also.. there was a bee line of very sick people waiting.. and guess what? she waited for an hour and yet, the line didnt budged. she went to check in the room whether is there anyone inside.

true enough.. there was a doctor and nurse in the room CHATTING... lucky only chatting.. and not something else..

then she shot them a look and said - a lot of ppl are very sick outside. can you pls hurry up???

then only the doctor reluctantly press button for the next person. you say lah. FUCK UP OR NOT???!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually it is still the doctor's fault. As a owner of the clinic, it is his responsibility to ensure acceptable customer service. If he pays peanuts, he gets monkey and hence the result of stupidity.

I would still want to know the clinic's name so that I can boycot it or even complain to the panel insurer.

Kelly Rivers said...

hmmm ... a bit sore that you guys were more concerned about the doctor than about me... :P

KOKO KISS said...

hey, please be very careful. try squatting down and standing up see if it hurts...or try a few different movement to double check see if any part of your body hurts.
no joke man, i thought mine was okay after 7months, but found out my coccyx dislocated badly.
so girl, please please have a good check on this.
xxx

Kelly Rivers said...

Winni.... you're the only one who understands and care about me... :)... (*Tears welling up in my eyes...)

Anyway, I am much better now, with no pain to any movements except when I put pressure on the tip of my tailbone (coccyx)... guess mine was just a hairline crack as what the doctors predicted, and can only heal by itself.

Please take care of yourself and follow doctor's advice until your back is all well. Can't wait till the day we can go skating together...

OOO