Monday, March 19, 2007

Chinese New Year 2004

January 20, 2004

. Chinese New Year edition -



Chinese New Year Greetings with a twist... Pepsi Twist!



With the frantic simultaneous Chinese New Year spring cleaning during the weekend, it's no wonder that KL has been a little hazy lately. Luckily, the heavy rain yesterday night cleared the air a little so we can at least breath some dust-less air (not dustless, just less dust..... haha). However, the rain indirectly has caused tremendous traffic jams in and around KL. It was still slow moving when I left at around 11:30 last night!



Talking about traffic, I am quite surprise to see so many people still in KL. This morning when I left around 6:25 am, traffic was already building up. What was I doing up so early you ask? Do I hear some of you say, "It's not like you to be so early"? Well, it's a stupid mistake really. The alarm clock was telling the wrong time and with me going home so late last night, little did I realize that it has run 1 hour ahead of the actual time! So the alarm went off at the preset time (6:30 am) and I was ready by the time the alarm clock shows 7:15 am.



As I was about to leave the house, I realize that my watch was showing 6:15am. I couldn't believe it! A quick check with the handphone and kitchen clock confirms it! Darn! Wasted one whole hour of beauty sleep! Oh bummer, might as well just go for breakfast! Hmm.. the Roti Bom and Milo Tarik is the main culprit for my drowsiness now (not to mention all the fat around my waist! I must change my principle of "not letting food go to WASTE" to "not letting food go to WAIST"!)



Anyway, back to traffic conditions. It's really funny how traffic is getting more and more congested nowadays. Hardly any more room to move about! Have you ever listened to those daily radio traffic updates? Most roads in KL are reported having slow moving traffic or have been converted to a massive car park (imagine an almost stationary traffic on a major highway!). Even during this week when some of the cars have already gone back to their respective hometowns to celebrate the festive season! Does this mean that most families have emigrated to KL and thus are celebrating the festivities in KL? Well, I don't have any statistics with me now but the shopping complexes, hotels and even city council have done their bit to improve the festive mood around here with street lights, lanterns and Chinese New Year songs. Nevertheless, I am sure it's still a far cry from the boisterous and jovial sub-urban reunion celebrations!



Well, no matter where you're celebrating the new year, I am sure it will still be as joyous, fun and exuberant as it has always been the previous years! There's no stopping the Chinese from their traditions of "gift exchanging" and generous ang pow giving! So here's wishing all those celebrating Chinese New Year, good health and a happy, prosperous Chinese New Year. Hopefully we'll be able to slot into our busy schedules to meet up during the Chinese New Year as part of upholding the Chinese New Year visitations tradition! Those who are not celebrating, have a nice, and enjoyable holiday! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments: