Monday, March 19, 2007

Chinese New Year 2005 - Part 2

Happy Valentine's day and Human Day (Part 2 - 15 Feb 2005)

Wow, I didn't realize that my quest for a "Hot date" would gather so much feedback and interest! For those who sniggered at my ability to find a hot date (What? Can an Auntie get a hot date? Dream on!), well, wait till it's your turn. Oh, btw, let me remind you that I am not a girl but NOT YET an auntie (sung to the tune of Britney Spears, "I am not a girl, not yet a woman").

For those who gave their well wishes and prayed for me, thank you very much as you have proven that the power of group prayers does work! Initially I didn't think anything would happen. Well, I did receive a few disappointing sms, emails and calls from guyfriends asking me if I managed to find a hot date for the night. But they did not follow up with an invitation. Their main purpose of calling was just to see whether cobwebs have grown on me and another was worse, he asked me for directions to Mont Kiara as his hot date is waiting for him there! I even got turned down when I tried to camouflage my endeavor with a "lo sang" invitation. Harrummpphhh...!!! Anyway, these are really close buddies of mine and I guess they were just poking fun and rubbing salt coz they know they can.... Ha ha... (errr... guys, I guessed right, RIGHT?)

And then my luck changed when I received a phone call from a girlfriend who happened to be at the next building finalizing her air tickets. Not wanting to depend on the opposite sex for some valentine's fun, we decided to go to the movies after I dropped off the hardcopies of my final assignments at the college. And then all the invitations started coming in through the phone. At first, I thought I was just sympathy calls from well meaning friends but it wasn't!!! There were like 20 continuous smses for us to join a group of friends at a Japanese restaurant in Mont Kiara. Boy, I wondered what is wrong with men and their timing. I couldn't even concentrate on the movie as I was busy deleting the smses!!

Anyway, to cut the long story short, we had a great dinner and proceeded to Neway where we croon (croak rather) to our hearts content. The best thing was - we manage to claim our 3 free bottles of Hennessy from the Director himself (Hmm, another long story which shall be told another time - thanks to our dear friend Michelle -> No worries Mich, there's still another 2 bottles left!). The night was filled with joy and laughter and everyone laughed their hearts out. As we bid our goodbyes at around 4am, we wished everyone Happy Birthday as today is the seventh day of the lunar year, i.e. a day to celebrate the creation of human (according to the Chinese believe).

Well, I took half a day off today to recuperate from the hangover and I came in earlier to write this update as many were interested in knowing how my "hot valentine's day" went. Hmmm... not as romantic as it should traditionally be, but still it was just simply superb.... Thanks B for spicing up my life and saving the day!

Till the next edition, Happy Birthday everyone!!!


Regards,
Kelly Rivers

No comments: