Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Busted leg, wasted night

That's it...!!!

I am keeping it dry! High and dry!!!

It's been more than 2 weeks since the Manchester United vs Liverpool game (21st March 2010) and my wound still hasn't healed. No, I am not bleeding for Liverpool due to their 1-2 loss, (I am a MU fan by the way.. :P)

I am talking about my wounded feet... Yea, I hurt my leg again... This time it's the right leg. What happened was a little stupid but I guess everyone can learn something from my silliness, so here's the story...

T'was a dark, cold and rainy night, but we brave the winds, chills and wetness to get to the game. It was the match of the year, or so they tell me. It was held in Sunway Amphitheatre... a nice stage hidden in the secluded areas of the Sunway woods, unknown to yours truly. I cannot imagine living in PJ for umpteen years and not knowing that there's an amphitheatre in Sunway.

Anyway, it was raining and the path to the amphitheatre is long, wet and winding. As I quickened my footsteps, I stepped on the slippery road bump and slided. "Wheee....!!!", I went, and not in the pleasant way... And next thing I know, I was doing a split on the slimmy tar road. As there were throngs of people trying to make their way to the amphitheater, yours truly got up promptly and gracefully, quickly gathered her composure and went forward on her way...pretending nothing has happened when in fact, blood was flowing profusely from her knees and feet. All these was thanks to the decision of wearing crocs slippers instead of sports shoes....

What happened next was like a numb travel through the passage of time where I couldn't enjoy the rest of the game..... worrying how my legs are going to heal... And that's not the worse thing. Walking back miles and miles (that's what it felt like with a wounded limb) to the car park in the rain and getting stuck for 30 minutes (no joke!) in the car park as there were too many cars exiting at the same time. Busted leg, wasted night...

Umm important lesson learnt was: don't wear crocs slippers on a wet slippery day... and don't make haste on a wet day, else you will make more waste...

Hmm come to think of it, I have been having bouts of pains lately, especially after I tendered my "splitting" intention. Suffering from a severe wisdom toothache recently, with swollen throat and gums and splitting headache pains... And then leg infection after that "graceful split"... Hmmm, wondering who is cursing me ahahha.... stop cursing me please... your blessing is important to me... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign of getting old?

Sometimes, mind can be powerful but not as powerful as what you body tells you..

Muahahhahaaa

Kelly Rivers said...

no doubt that we're all getting old... but age is just a number... and I believe it's mind over matter ahahah...