Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shy guy


I am slightly worried about little b's shyness. I mean, he's a boy, he has to grow up to be a manly man, but he's pretty shy sometimes. For example, during the first day of school, during assembly, where all the kids were pretty at home after a while, little b just sat by himself at the corner. One boy came over to play with him but little b avoided his advances. Others would say that it's arrogance but I still think it's shyness and his reluctance to open up to others bothers me. The other little boy was so brave and he made friends in no time. And the funny thing was, he was quite adamant to make friends with little b. That brave boy tried and tried to play with little b, by playfully patting him here and there, and luring him to play tag fights, disturbing him, but nothing works. After a while, he was a bit frustrated at little b's arrogance, and he turned to me and say,

"Auntie, why your son don't talk one?"


Hahaha.. I just shy away and pretended I didn't hear and continued to snap photos..

Then again, there's really nothing I can do about his shyness but hope that he'll grow out of it. Perhaps, as he thread along life's long and winding road, he'll find the courage and also discover all the good things that life has in stored for him... Meanwhile, I think I better start to enjoy my life too and stop being a worry wart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are too uptight... let him have his way, by the time you know it, he will have his way... whether you like it or not...

Kelly Rivers said...

Yeah, maybe I am just a worry wart... but I can't help it... Like you say, they grow up before we know it and I hope that he will say I did well in his moulding years...