Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Movie Experiences and it's not THX

My movie outings are never short of "extraordinary" incidents. Yesterday I went to watch Painted Skin with my girlfriend, MissS. Since she's single, I decided to play cupid to get her a date. Furthermore, I owe a guyfriend, Mr.G, a treat for helping me out with my dead car batteries. No no, I am not saying I am giving away MissS as a treat, but hey, if she's willing, it's a bonus ha ha. Anyway, he wasn't very keen at first, as he was already getting ready for bed, but who could resist when I said I would bring a beautiful girl along. He even cancelled his earlier supper plans with his friends, just to meet MissS.

While I appreciated their spontaneity, I had only half an hour to pick up the 2 of them, get to 1Utama, get a parking lot, get the tickets and get the popcorns - so much to achieve, huh? Well, we made it there around 9:35 (show scheduled for 9:45pm) so I had to ask MissS and Mr.G to get the tickets first while I park the car. MissS insisted that she can get the tix by herself and had Mr.G accompany me to the carpark.

"Aiyah, you girls are so fickle, I can't be in 2 places at the same time, so I will just stay put." With that, Mr.G remained seated at the back of the car, laughing, teasing and making me look like Driver Ahmad... Darn!

If you thought that was the worse thing that could happen, brace yourself. S came back with the tickets, all separate seats! She rationale that there was only front row seats left and she wanted to have good seats in the centre of the cinema and dont mind seating separated from us! So she got 2 seats for 3rd row from the screen, and 1 for the centre of the cinema. Mr.G couldn't believe it and wanted to take a picture of the tickets as he's never known anyone who would buy such tickets. (but MissS wouldn't allow me access to the tickets in case I force her to sit with him... silly woman!) It was really an embarassing predicament for me, but since we were already late for the movie, we quickly move on to the confectionary counters to get our popcorns and rush to the movie.

Luckily (or unluckily for me?), Mr.G didn't fall asleep during show despite being so tired. He kept himself busy by guessing the script/dialogue and telling me aloud (much to the chagrin of my neighbour). As for me, I just couldn't wait to get out of the cinema due to my full bladder!

So much for the movie outing with Mr.G and MissS but that is not the silliest I have experienced.

My silliest and most embarassing one would be the time when I was way younger and my date didn't tell me our seat numbers. I went into the dark cinema and my eyes couldn't adjust and I just stood there while my date went to his seat. When my eyes finally adjusted, I couldn't find where he was seated and so I had to just stand at the back of the cinema until he came back to guide me. It was so embarassing but somehow darn funny when I look back now!

Another funny experience would be the one when my guyfriend came in late and had to traverse through a whole line of people to get to his seat. First, he was already silly to get in from the side where there were more people. Second, he had to choose to go through these people with him facing the seats rather than facing the screen. So, midway, when he lost his balance and fell on one of the women (stranger), we couldn't help laughing our heads off!

There was another time when one of my movie partners couldn't stop talking the whole movie! I could only laugh as I was concentrating on the movie but I could hear something about Bourne Identity's Matt Damon being greater than Jackie Chan!

Of course there are those who goes to the movies and starts sleeping. It is fine if he goes around the world (*head tossing and turning around as he dozes off) but it can be both embarassing and distracting if he starts snoring! You would never believe that one can sleep and snore through an interesting and explosive action-packed movie (The Red Cliff). I had to poke him a few times to stop him from disturbing other viewers!

There was also one time when MrB went to the movies with me in kitchen slippers (*See pic). Boy, I couldn't stop laughing at him.

I guess I better stop revealing too much of my movie experiences before I scare away all my movie partners. Rest assured, your movie outings with me will never be a boring one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think MsS only wants to sits w u, and unfortunately u brought a friend along, hence she has to allow u to sit w him instead. Either that or she is really NOT into him at all. His he really that unattractive or Miss S a L? No pun intended.

Kelly Rivers said...

Neither is true.. I don't believe any of my friends are unattractive... and MissS has told me she's not L...

It's just coincidental that a lot of funny things happen whenever I go to the movies... refer to the Vantage Point blog... and there are some other stories (i.e. Durian stories) which I am not allowed to publish! ha ha