Monday, May 17, 2010

Reach for the stars

Just my 3rd week and I feel that I have undergone more training than 3 years if I were to stay in previous company.

I am attending Java training now,... a programming tool just to equip ourselves with the basic Java knowledge since the fundamental language used to write the core system prorgams here is Java.

There's so much to learn here... and I am given the opportunity to learn from the best players of the industry.... imagine, the CEO meets with us to touch base with us and plays an active role in giving input and feedbacks on most projects. Awesome.. I get to see how management works, how they brainstorm. Yes, I know I have to learn fast, so that I can spread my wings to fly on my own... but I know that the correct guidance and appropriate training is available for me to tap on.

And I also get a taste on how other functional areas works as we all work closely together. I even get to see how the sales do their work and also have a taste of the work of a PA... These job functions are usually not available for my viewing due to the back room nature of my work. Now, I get to see what they do and how they operate (or how they entertain ... hahaha).. .

There's so much to learn... let us all reach for the stars...... When you reach for the stars, even if you don't always end up getting a star, at least you will not end up with a hand full of dirt. - (adapted from Leo Burnett)

No comments: