Friday, May 15, 2009

Badminton fever ... again?

Yes, I did it!

I finally played some badminton...

Yeah, I know... I cannot believe it myself.. Hahaha... sometimes I surprise even myself... :P

I finally picked up enough courage to join the group to play...(mostly due to fear of retribution as previously I was fond of laughing while others play) ...Well, now that I have done it, I am pretty happy about it. Not that I know how to play... but being able to hit the ball across the net was great enough achievement for me.. :)

And being able to sweat so much and drink lots of water feels good. Having the body aches makes me feel alive!(instead of feeling old as I initially feared!) In fact, I feel I look much better after a game of sport... hahaha...I know it's all in the mind, but still, I liked what I saw in the mirror. Haha, I know you are probably puking yesterday's meal now.

Anyhow, despite me not being able to do well in the game, it still feels good to have done some exercise. Somehow exercise can amazingly relax or open your mind, and if done regularly, can also do wonders to your physique.

Talking about physique, it reminded me that I have never been into sports that requires me to be physically active. I was never a sports person, basically because I am not a sun person. Besides, mom doesn't think it's wise for weak old me to be too indulged in sports... because I have already spent too much time on rhythmic gymnastics and she'd rather I spent more time on my books. I would agree that I have a weak physique and had never really excelled in sports. Thus, I guess God is fair and gave me some brains in place of brawn, ha ha. Can you imagine that when in school, and we're suppose to join at least 1 sporting event, and I chose chess! (Heck! If they had "9 ball pool" as 1 of their sports options, I bet I would've joined that too!)

So you see, my bad habit of avoiding physically active sports started from school. And then it stuck until university days, where I would rather choose to have a pool game or fooseball than to hit the gym. So that's another reason why I am pretty happy today... coz I am breaking the negative mould!

Well, I am pretty tired... Almost dozing off... must be the effect of the "physical active sports" kicking in.. Ahahha..

Ok, I have done my part, now you too pick up your lazy bum and go get some exercise done. (No, sending sms or clicking the remote control or surfing the net doesn't count as exercise.) C'mon, give exercise a chance.... If nothing else, perhaps it'll help you sleep better.. :) It's a much better way to cure insomnia than booze.

Good night, and signing off for today as a tired but happy blogger... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont believe you. Please post some pictures as evidence.

Anonymous said...

eRRRRR,
aRE YOU HAVING A MID-LIFE CRISIS?

jUST CURIOUS...

Kelly Rivers said...

pictures? will post some when I have some... (probably when I am finally good at it or when I look good while playing... hahaha :P) I mean, even if I can't play but look good while playing, it's still consider ok... AHHAHAHA...

Mid-life crisis? Hahaha...no worries... it's not the depressing kind... and there's no crisis yet... (actually it's not even mid-life yet for me ahahah)....it's just that, well, I have always considered doing something out of the ordinary to be somewhat associated with "mid-life crisis"... hahahah...

the fishball's master! said...

you're late... i started exercising about 2 months ago - after very bad health screening results... :(

lost a couple of kgs now... feels good.

Kelly Rivers said...

fishball: glad to hear that you've started exercising and seeing results...

Umm but I have to add... that it's never too late, really... everybody's gotta start somewhere... :)

Let's all work hard together- gather at keeping fit... hahhahaa

Anonymous said...

Nice to have exercise ... a very good start ^.^