Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Which is GOOD?

I was busy minding my own business at work when two grown men started the following conversation in front of my cubicle. And they were pretty loud, mind you, so I wasn't eavesdropping...

I have changed their names to protect the innocent.... ummm, even though they are anything but innocent..., well, let's just use Ping vs Pong in this scenario to depict the fast-paced (because 1 party wanna leave the place fast!), adrenalin pumping (aka blood vomit inducing) exchange of words that took place in front of me.. ..

Pong: "Ping, what printer good ah?
Ping: There's no good or no good 1.. depends on your requirements
Pong: U using printer at home?
Ping: Yeah, so what are your requirements?
Pong: Just to print kid's project la
Ping: Aiyah, that 1 then chinchai buy 1 would do lar… no need to buy good 1
Pong: But what is GOOD?
Ping: *(Still patient but can see slight discomfort as he stares at me as though asking for help) I told you , got no Good or no good... Depends on requirements

Pong paused for 2 seconds…

Pong: So if print project, which one is good?
Ping: *(Getting frust and smile at me like asking me, “Is this guy for real?”) Aiyah, already say there's no good or no good... Just normal and highend... up to you wanna buy normal or highend lar...
Pong: yeah, but which brand is GOOD?
Ping: *(Getting really frust) Sigh,…. I said ady lokkkkk.... there's no good or no good... just normal or highend

Pong: What brand you use at home? Goodor not?
Ping: *(Getting really impatient and starting to move away) XXX Brand... but I said ady lokkk…. cannot say good or no good... depends on your requirements

Then Ping went away...

Pong turned to me and say, “But I still don’t know which brand is good.”

I guess if it was someone else other than Ping, there will definitely be bloodshed... hahaha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly Rivers,
Who is tihs Pong? From the look of it, he looks like a spastics or dunggu. Cant comprehend what people say. I have a feeling he is short, fat and ugly. Is my description correct?

Anos...

Kelly Rivers said...

hahaha... how do you know Anos? ... You have similar experiences too?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am new to your Blog but I find it very interesting with some of the Blogs that you published especially this one about someone named Ping and Pong.

I had a collegue that is also very ignorant of his surrounding and he is also very short, fat and ugly. His special trait was that he has a BIG face. I dont know how to describe but his face is like 1/3 of his entire body. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Kelly Rivers said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for reading and glad you enjoyed it.

One third of his entire body?? Hahaha ...Then he'll look like "Dai Dung Gua" (a comic character from Lau Fu Tze aka Old Master Q) haha...

Anonymous said...

Yea, you are right, "dai dung gua". I bet this is an old guy just sitting there waiting to retire.
Anyway, what you guys should do is the next if he asks you something, just ignore him....
Cheers..