Friday, December 07, 2007

Ota sensei is leaving Malaysia for good? Shocking!



Just gave a casual call to Ota sensei today as I was in the vincity after watching Enchanted in Pavilion and what a shock to hear that she was leaving Malaysia for good! And next week too! She's just soooo hardworking. She's leaving on Saturday night, only after her last class in the afternoon of that Saturday itself!!! I have not seen a teacher more dedicated than that!

Anyway, I was really glad I gave her the call, and thus able to meet up with her for coffee.... It wasn't tearful or emotional or anything like that... but the news left me with a heavy heart knowing the person who taught me how to speak Japanese - who was strict enough to ensure I have a strong foundation in reading and writing (she punishes us for the slightest mistakes in writing and grammar, thus making us remember well) would not be as a phone call anymore...

Ota sensei, thank you for everything that you have done for us... you're the best Japanese teacher I have ever met,... and all the best in everything you do... I wish you every happiness and hope that you'd find your prince in shining amour soon ... :P

No comments: