Sunday, January 10, 2010

Old batteries

Everytime I boot up my notebook, I get a warning message,"Your batteries are charging normally, but it is approaching the end of its usuable life." When I go off A/C, i.e. use it without the power cord, I get only around half an hour to an hour usage. Yes, that's a signal that I need new batteries or an alternative battery source.

Even my handphone, seems to have the same symptoms. My mobile comes with 2 batteries and they use to be able to last me more than a day each without recharge. Now, I wont be able to make/receive night calls if I don't change/recharge batteries in the afternoon. Yes, that's a signal that I need new batteries too...

Lately, I have been feeling very tired. I used to be able to make do with very little sleep...i.e I could go active a long time without A/C.... And I don't need afternoon naps to recharge...Yea, I was like the Energizer Bunny - going on and on and on...... but these couple of days, I doze off in front of the laptop at around 11pm ...

Hmmm... a signal that I need a new battery/energy source too?


Photos courtesy of Dreamstime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signal that you are already old... but your battery cannot be replaced.. so will have to live with it like what all old persons do... Always caught them sleeping

Kelly Rivers said...

Ahahaha.. yea, find myself dozing off at the PC again. I suppose I really need to get more sleep. I am getting forgetful too.

So just now, before my afternoon nap, I made sure I off all taps, lights, check that nothing's cookin on the stoves, and also made sure the laundry is brought into the shade so that they dont get wet if it rains while I nap...

Just a gentle reminder or a checklist to all "old folks" out there with the same problems... hahaha..

Well... getting old is inevitable...just trying to prolong my youth and sanity for as long as I can... ahahaa...