Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Notebook, New Modem

I've got a new baby. Check her out...

Havent had time to do editing as I haven't got my photoshop installed yet... but you can tell I am pretty excited. And the great thing is... TMNet's service changed my perspective on government telecommunication service. I logged a service call yesterday morning regarding my constant disconnection and they told me they would have it fixed in two working days.

Well, 2 working days means the weekend without internet access. That means I would've died last time but now with my XPS, I can bring her to any "hotspots" and get connected. So when they say 2 days, I thought, "I can live with that!". Surprise surprise... I got a call today morning saying that they'll come look into the problem. And came they did. And even told me that my faulty old modem is on waranty (even though it's a 2004 modem but the Streamyx package that I signed up with gives me lifetime warranty on the modem!! I didn't even know that!).

So now I have a brand new modem and brand new machine... isn't that sweet?!!!! Look at that sexy ADSL light on the new modem. It's constantly turned "on".... not the constant blinking which I faced ever so often when the old modem got hot! Now, it gives a different perspective to the meaning: "turned on". hahahah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its nothing new..la.. The ADSL modem is the one I am having too... so nothing to shout about..la... :P

Kelly Rivers said...

ha ha....Thank you for reading...

at least we have the same modem.. and that's something to shout about :) hahaha..